Skip to main content

WIPs

This is the Farrow Rib scarf that I am making as a xmas gift for my father. I decided on US8 needles and doubling up. It was going to take forever on the US2s I started out with.



Eris

I am still working on the collar for Eris. Every weekend I sit down a plow through a chart. It's really almost done. The right side is looking so much better than the left that I am thinking of frogging it again. Andean Silk really doesn't frog well though.

Felting

This is a bag that I am crocheting for felting. I am really excited to see how it will felt down. I am trying to do the straps like the lucy bag from two old bags. I just have a little bit to finish up. It's a nice weekend project.




New Yarn

So an order arrived from Knit Picks (0ne that I was only supposed to make when I finished the collar for Eris, whoops!). I can now start on my KR gift elf present and my mosaic socks for the 6soxKAL. I am to be using the varigated yarn and the color your own for the socks.


Ella

I restarted Ella using the chart that's now provided. Actually I am a lot further along than shown in this picture.

Comments

JustApril said…
It looks like you have a skein of the same color Knit Picks stuff that I am using for my socks!

I don't know for sure of course, but it looks very similar =)

I making good progress on sock2
Mothlady said…
I just love that green colour of your Eris. The link for the bigger picture of your new yarn didn't work for some reason, so I had to drool on the small photo :)

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: Ice Princess Panta

For a long time now I have been wanting for make something to match the fingerless mitts I made with Cayli's gorgeous home-grown, hand-dyed, handspun that she gifted me with the holiday season before last . I had some left over still but wasn't sure about the yardage. However, I had a vision of making a head band, as I find them cute and convenient for a gal that wears her hair up in the winter. And they hardly take any yarn. Originally I wanted to make a headband like the cabled panta I made before, but the gauge was all wrong. So I improvised something late the Saturday night. And here it is: I love the subtle blue striping and the feel is OMG soft. Cayli's yarn is truly amazing and was such a pleasure to knit up. Ice Princess Panta Yarn: Heavy worsted Handspun Needles: US 8 and a cable needle or DPN Gauge: not critical, but a row gauge of 5 rows/inch with make a nice fitting panta 18 inches in circumfrence. Special Stitches: FC (front cross) = Slip 2 stitches from ...

Cloches are Cool.

Since graduating this December I have had time to think about knitting again. While I was waiting to get my car towed in the middle of a snow storm I took shelter in a yarn store (was that lucky or what?). I was tempted into buying Boutique Knitting by Laura Irwin because of the photo on the front cover. I love cloche hats and I have always wanted to knit one. When I saw this book I knew I wanted to knit this one. I chose some random black yarn from scraps at home (Plymouth baby alpaca) and cast on. While I was knitting the ruffled band I also had a vision of hearts for this hat. So I found some Noro Kojaku that I was gifted a while ago and it seemed suitable. The result is a faux isle rainbow heart cloche. It looks better on. Front: Side: Other side: With the black yarn it's hard to see the ribbing on the band especially the top-most rib. It just melts in, but I suppose that's one of the hazards of using black yarn in an area that is supposed to show texture. Or maybe it has...

First Day of School

Sometimes things happen to let you know that you've made the right decision. Today was my first day back working in my after school program. I was having fun with the kids on the back playgound and they asked if we could go for a walk. I said wouldn't it be even cooler if we went to the falls? So we asked the-coolest-boss-ever if we could take our little jaunt and she said, "I love impromptu activities!" Cool or what? So off we went: (This would be the same place that I lost my shoe! Ahem!) I took half of the kids right up to falls. They got all misted. We looked at the fossil ripples in the exposed gorge walls. We threw a bunch of rocks. We headed back down stream with all of our shoes. While walking back one of the really sweet second grade boys said to me: This place is great! (then he punched his hand up towards the sky and said) It's the best day of my entire life! I suppose that he's only 7, but I helped him have his best day ever. I couldn't have do...