Monday, February 20, 2006

Long Forgotten Panta Set

I would just like to say that if I rated all the items that I have knit with regards to usefulness, then I think the clapotis comes in on top, even above socks. I've been wearing it all the time around the house to keep my shoulders warm. And now I know why people wear shawls. It totally works. My whole body feels a bunch warmer with it on. Then of course, I like to wear it out, too. So it's getting it's worth of wear there as well.

And I need to catch up on some knitting pictures. I forgot to post these after the holidays. I made this set of fingerless mitts to go with the panta for my sister for Christmas. I finished them really quickly but let them languish for a month in need-to-seam-land. I just kind of winged the pattern and it truned out pretty well I think.



5 comments:

Aprilynne said...

cool stuff =) I wish I would knit something

Bev said...

These mittens are lovely. What yarn did you use?

Momo said...

April, what'cha talkin'bout chickie? You knit awesome stuff!

Hi, Bev! I used Berroco Foliage. It's a nice self striping blend of wool and acrylic. It's quite soft, but one of its drawbacks is that it's terrible to frog, just as bad as mohair.

Latoya said...

What gorgeous colors those fingerless mittens are! I'm sure she'll love them.

Teyani said...

beautiful set!!! great colors !