Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My secret name?

Well it's my Hobbit name!

May Overhill of Nobottle

I bet you'd like one, too




I found this quote yesterday:

The only gift is a portion of thyself.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882)

It's rather apropos for this time of the year, don't you think? But I'd ammend it to say, "The best gift is a portion of thyself." When someone is really there with you, when they give of their time, when they obviously have done something for you that took a lot of thought and energy or when they have truly shared a part of who they are with you, it makes life so sweet and meaningful. And that is truly a gift.

8 comments:

Larjmarj said...

What a great quote and so true, it's the one gift that I think we really hold back on sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Momo!
Thanks so much for your compliment about my Milan Top!
Love your blog and the things you knit.

Zia :)

AR said...

That is a great quote. I need to give more of myself, I think.

I am Rosie-Posie Bumbleroot of Haysend. :)

Aprilynne said...

Hi! It's Orangeblossom Broadbelt of Buckland =) I've enjoyed all your comments, it's nice to have you back Ms Mack =)*)

AR said...

Thanks for the nice comment at my blog. I am going to have to have my mom come see that I showed off her puppets. :)

Carrie said...

This entry is so true. I love that my daughter (8) chose to make gifts this year, even though I offered to buy them for her. She knew that it was better to give of her time! yay! I also found your blog through your comment on Arleta's, and I'm so glad you did. Great blog! I'm looking forward to reading it. It looks really interesting.

Bev said...

I'm so glad you are back to relatively frequent blogging. Have a happy new year!

kristinknits said...

That is the best gift!