Sunday, December 24, 2006

New Shale Sock

I finished 1, countem 1, freaking sock this year. (But boy has it been stinky year!) So let me show it off in its unblocked glory:


hello sock body

hello sock heel

This little guy has been sitting around for some time now just waiting for a toe. I finished it the other night at Stitch'N Bitch, and I have to say that I'm a little proud of this sock. I really like the way my yarn turned out with my pattern. There are a couple of variations I'd like to try, meaning that my interest is still piqued. So hopefully the second won't take another year to knit.

7 comments:

AR said...

Well, it looks great in its unblocked glory! Hope the other one goes faster. My second socks usually do.

Aprilynne said...

Well, I'm proud of you that you got any knitting during this year. Whatever the case, they're marvelous.
=)

Larjmarj said...

Ohhhh really nice and I love the way the pattern carried down on to the heel. Perfect yarn for that particular pattern.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a pretty good knitter!
I have never knitted socks as I find them to be quite difficult, anyway, nice to meet you at www.knittersreview.com!
Marie from Mexico City

Mothlady said...

My bird mitten is still waiting for its partner.

And yes, it's been a stinky year in some ways, so let's hope 2007 will be better :)

illanna said...

I love your socks! The colors are very pretty and you picked a great pattern to show off the stripes. Did you dye this yarn?

Momo said...

Thanks Gals :-)

Hi Illanna! Thanks, I did dye the yarn with koolaid.