Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Yarn Aboard!

Look who arrived!



Look what was inside!



Artyarns Ultramerino - pretty like violets



Thanks Bev!. I can't believe that you were my partner. It's such a small world here. I loved the Cool and Sunny socks you made out of this yarn. I hope mine turn out as nice.

Bev also sent along a CD with some great tunes, chocolate, a nice textured sock pattern, and a cool postcard.

Thanks!

Now I have all the stuff to send along for my partner except the postcard! Look out Yarn Aboarders!

9 comments:

amanda said...

Very pretty yarn! Can't wait to see what you knit with it :o)

AR said...

Yep, that is some really pretty yarn. Chocolate is always good, too. Yummy!

kristinknits said...

LUCKY! (in a Napoleon Dynamite voice)

Cayli said...

Nice yarn! I am so sad I missed out on this one. :(

sprite said...

Ooh! I really like Artyarns Ultramerino. Yum, yum, yum!

Teyani said...

what fabulous yarn!!!

Momo said...

I'm really lucky. We don't have this in my LYS's :-)

Holly of HollYarns said...

Wowzers! MIRIAM, YOU ROCK! I sooooooo loved the yarn-aboard package I got from you. Everything was perfect and its as if you knew me like a sister. I love the yarn--great colors and I am playing around with different stitches and sock ideas right now (okay not RIGHT NOW, but while commuting to school on the train and other free moments). The sock patterns are great. THe chocolate is delicious and the little art piece makes a great bookmark. The coffee is yummy and I've drank it each morning since I recieved it. Also, I like the idea that it came from a cooperative in Rwanda. SO socially responsible and thoughtful! The pics on the postcards are making me wish I could visit those places and that I had more money and time to backpack and camp. And the stickers have already been assigned their rightful places on a water bottle and coffee cup! YOU ROCK like both Elvis and Nietzsche! Thank you!

Deborah said...

Luck swap gifts!